For a long time my passion for sweet corn was not fulfilled – I simply didn’t know how to cook it right! Today is the great day, because in the series of the experiments and thanks to few tips from the Internet I’ve done it – the best sweet corn ever. Finally! This corn is not really sweet and drawn in milk, it can be salty or just plain…anyway it tastes perfect! Why? Here is the original recipe that produces great result – mild and tender corn with a rich taste and smell.
So, what do you need?
-Milk ( 1 cup or less, it depends on how sweet and milky you want your corn to be)
-Sour cream (1 teaspoon)
-Lemon juice (1 teaspoon)
-Sugar (2 tablespoons)
Sounds weird? Just give it a try!
- Fill a large stock pot half full with water.
- Add in the sour cream (or whipping cream, unwhipped), milk, sugar, lemon juice and butter (optional).
- Bring to a boil, then add in the corn cobs.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and allow corn to cook for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook.
- Serve with butter and salt to taste.