Ok, here we are again! Did you enjoy the grandiose birthday cake? Easy Russian raspberry jam or the most popular (and delicious!) soviet salad “Olivie” ever? Dumplings with meat or just “pel’meni”?Then let’s move to the dish number 5 in the future list of 10 best Russian/Ukrainian recipes from my mom I miss the most. For me, this food project is a great opportunity to feel the taste of home again and for you – an exotic game with the best easy recipes of the Russian cuisine you can find. Let’s begin?
Apple pie with almonds
For the dough:
-unsalted butter (100g)
-all-purpose flour (150-200g)
For the almond crumbles:
For the filling:
Few apples, or berries, peaches, everything you want actually.
- Let’s begin with the dough: mix butter and sugar+vanilla. Add eggs and mix again.
- Add the flour plus few drops of the soda+vinegear mix. Make a dough.
- For the crumbles chop the almonds, add sugar, butter, and flour.
- Pour the dough, place sliced apples (or what do you have there) and add the almond crumbles on the top.
- Bake in the oven (180-200 temp) for 40-50 minutes.
- Let it stay for half an hour and then enjoy! You can add ice-cream or whipped cream on top if you wish.
Bon appetit! 🙂
Liked the recipe? Love the Russian cuisine? Share in the comments below!
P.S.: My bro also shows a great talent in cooking already! Look at the fruit salad he made by himself (and he is only 5, oh yeah :D)