Dare to be better! It’s only the third day of the new year and we start our series of useful websites that help you to make the most of the online education! All websites like Treehouse, Codeacademy, Udemy, Skillshare, and others are tested by me (thanks to the free trials and new year deals) and are not paid ads. As a life-long learner myself, I know the importance of finding the right courses that match your interests, budget, and curious, fun, and engaging to learn. The new review of the major studying source will appear once in a few days and by the end of January we’ll cover all the popular sources of the new age education. Hm, let’s begin!
Make our New Year resolutions come true with reviews from Dare to be better!
Welcome to Skillshare, the website with an infinite number of courses where anyone can become a teacher.
- the low monthly fee (don’t miss the new year deal – 3 months for free!+14-days free trial)
- the infinite number of courses (compare to Coursera, etc.)
- the courses on design, business, drawing, writing (the best!), crafts, fashion, photography…
- anyone can become a teacher and if you are lucky enough you can learn the basics of doodling, copywriting, or culinary from the real professional
- all courses consist of videos and project where you can apply your skills
- watch videos and make online notes at the same time
- participate in workshops and other live events
- the average course lasts only a few hours which enables you to stay motivated and interested in the topic
- download the free mobile app to learn on the go
- again, anyone can become a teacher. So be careful choosing the course. However, with a lot of reviews of other students and bio of the tutor, it’s easy to find the right course.
- no tests or quizzes
- there is no typical online classroom structure
- no certificate and any other proof of completing the courses
Is it worth your time?
It depends on what do you want to learn and how motivated you are. If you want to learn about new technologies, especially coding, web and app development, go to the website that offer exercises and interactive learning (like Codeacademy, but we’ll talk about it later).
BUT if you want to learn the basics of copywriting, writing, fashion, design, sketching, you won’t find the better site that offers creative and affordable online education. Moreover, the class projects are a lot of fun!