My favourite goodie straight from home – the apple-vanilla-chocolate crumble pie my mom calls “The apple pyramid”. Why the pyramid? Pretty easy – the secret is in layers and amazing texture of the ready-to-eat dessert. Moreover, it’s so easy to bake it that even women who stored blanket in the oven for their whole life will be pleasantly surprised by the results. Not even surprised – delighted!
The apple pyramid
(Russian dessert recipe)
- 200 g unsalted butter (1,5 sticks)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- baking soda+apple cider vinegar
- apples (up to 3)
Ready? Let’s begin.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, 0,5 cup of sugar, and soda+vinegar to the melted butter (egg whites pour into the other cup, add a few drops of the lemon juice, put to the freezer).
- Add the right amount of flour to the egg yolks mix until the dough doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Divide the dough into three parts: two small and one big.Make the crust out of the big piece of dough.
- Let’s deal with two equal small parts (like tennis balls, even smaller). One is going straight to the freezer and the second one will be mixed with cocoa and store in the freezer for 10-15 minutes as well.
- Now cut the apples and put on the crust.
- Find the small balls of dough and put the small amounts of cocoa dough straight after the apples.
- Now it’s time for the egg whites! Pour them into the mixer and blend for a few minutes. Then blend them with 0,5 cup of sugar until it has a texture of the whipped cream. Pour onto the cocoa dough.
- Finish the pyramid with small amounts of white dough. All done!
- Bake in the over (350 F) for one hour and enjoy the exotic Russian treat right away.
P.S.: The scoop of an ice cream or whipped cream will enhance the unforgettable taste of the apple pyramid.